14 October 2021

Papermania - Bauble Decoration

Hello friends

I know I've been AWOL, but I have a really good excuse! I spent 11 days in Trearrdur Bay, North Wales, looking after a friends dog. The weather was pretty awful, cold, rain and wind. So please accept my apologies for not getting to see your blogs and commenting, I will catch up. Anyway, I have a card to share with you today and here it is...


So I used a very old, 8+ years stamp and embossed it using white embossing powder (I still need more practice on this technique.) This is one of my favourite Christmas stamps, but I've always had trouble stamping with it! So I decided to take it off the wooden mount and attach it to some EZ Mount and then used my Vaessen Stamp Easy to stamp the card, so much better. I embossed the sentiment using a red glitter embossing powder and attached it to red card and then raised it off the card which I must admit is pretty awful, I need to invest in a plain red one. The sentiment does say Christmas Cheer! I mounted it all on to red card and then raised it on to a white 5x7 card blank and used white glitter embellishments dotted about.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and have a great rest of the week and I'll see you all soon.

Debbie x


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Christmas Craft Creations Challenge - October challenge - Black, White and one other colour - I have used black card, white embossing powder, white embellishments, red card and red glitter embossing powder.

Creative Moments Challenge - #224 Anything Goes
Retro Rubber Stamp Challenge - #169 Anything Goes, must use a stamp older than 1 year mine is appx 8 years old or older!
The Holly and the Ivy Christmas Challenge - #103 Anything Christmas Goes
Get Creative Challenges - #106 Anything Goes Option Holidays
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #167 Always Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge - #645 Embellish It!
Merry Little Christmas Challenge (MLCCB) - #39 October Anything Christmas Goes
Creative Knockouts Challenge - #423 Embossing Delight



15 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

LOve the beautiful embossed image looks great embossed in white -over 8yrs I remember this stamp being released and everyone was using it
Carol x

meg said...

The white embossed stamp and your card are stunning Debbie, I had terrible problems with white embossing powder but have been more successful with the WOW brand.

Sarn said...

Lovely festive card. I did exactly the same thing with remounting that stamp & agree it works much better!
Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
Sarn x

brenda said...

A really stylish Christmas card, many thanks for joining in with our 'Embellish It' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Linby said...

The black on white makes for an elegant card. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! This is one elegant and gorgeous stamp and embossing it in white really takes it to a whole new level.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at RETRO RUBBER.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria/DT

Sladjana Perisic said...

You've created such an elegant Christmas card. Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Good luck with your entry and hope to see you again.

Donna from Creative Pixie Designs
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team

Michelle B. said...

What a beautiful and elegant creation. I love the splash of red and that stamp is so beautiful - glad you found a way to use it! So glad you joined us for our Embossing Challenge at Creative Knockouts!

Michelle B. said...

Me again! Thanks for joining us at CCC!

NanaConnie said...

Debbie, I think your heat embossing is fabulous, and I adore this gorgeous card! While I'm here, let me put on a DT hat to say thanks so much for supporting our challenge at Creative Knockouts and wish yu good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

NanaConnie said...

I'm back, Debbie, with a different DT hat. Thanks for also plying at Get Creative this month.
NanaConnie DT

LeAnne said...

Very nicely done, I love the white embossing! It can be tricky, can't it? I still get stray specks on mine! We'll keep trying! Thanks for sharing it with us at Retro Rubber!

Darlene said...

What a beautiful design Debbie! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Merry Little Christmas!
Darlene
MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

P.S. This also fits the brand new PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE. I hope you'll come check it out!

BrendaB said...

This is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenges

Nancy said...

The red really helps the whole card to pop! Thanks for playing along with us at Christmas Craft Creations!