Good evening.
So I have just got back from a short break away, firstly my partner and I stopped off in York for a couple of days. What a lovely city, we took in some of the sights. Then stopped off in Scunthorpe to visit friends and then Sunday we went to Newark to visit more friends and to remember the Battle of Britain at their memorial. The Battle of Britain was 80 years ago today (Tuesday 15th September). Here are a couple of photos (my partner is on the right of the first picture).

Anyway I do have a card I made just before I went away. I really enjoyed making this. The tulips have been coloured with Hunkydory Prisms. Hope you all like it!
To make this card I used an embossing folder from Docrafts, Marianne Designs Petra triangle and everything else is unbranded.


3 comments:
Hi Debbie
What a lovely card. I love those tulips with their beautiful die-cut background. Love colours too!
We love visiting York too .. .. still lots of places we need to investigate there and all across the country really (when we are allowed to roam about freely again).
Have a lovely weekend.
Love Jules xx
Gorgeous card . Cxc
A lovely card Debbie and a pretty design.
Than you for your lovely comment on my blog.
For the crackle effect I don't use a crackle kit. They are expensive and don't always work properly. So I have my own method, which I will share with you.
I use tester pots of emulsion paint and cheap Hobbycraft glue. The important thing is all the layers have to be going in the same direction. The base colour, I normally use the darkest colour, all brushed in the one direction. I then dry it with my heat gun. I then brush, in the same direction as the base colour, a coating of glue, either all over the item or just in areas you want the crackle. Also the thicker the the layer of the glue, the bigger the cracks. I then dry it with my heat gun. It doesn't all have to be completely dry. I then dry brush the top colour over the glue, again in the same direction. I then dry it with the heat gun and it will crack as it dries. You do sometimes get a different effect depending on the base material.
Hugs, Carol S.xx
Post a Comment